Monday, January 4, 2010

Rainbow of Rubber

After the orthodontist puts on your braces, they will probably ask you what color bands you want. Bands can come in all imaginable colors, including sparkly versions. If you're reading this before you're getting your braces on, keep in mind that not all orthodontists offer color choices, nor do they all have the same colors.

Here are some useful tips for choosing a color:
1. NO WHITE! After a while the white turns yellow from food stains and is very unattractive. Plus even if you avoid that, the contrast makes your teeth look yellow!
2. Don’t get yellow, for similar reasons as number 1.
3. If you're going to go with holiday colors remember you're going to be keeping them on for a while after the holiday.

When I (Amanda) first got my braces, I wanted to get black bands because it’s my favorite color. Everyone told me, "Don't get black, it won't look good" but I got black anyway and the bands looked fine in my opinion. Moral is to get whatever color you want regardless of what other people say because it's your mouth and you’re the one wearing the braces!

- Erik and Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment