Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Retainer Update: Erik

Since the last post, Erik has since had an orthodontist checkup. Here is how it went down.

First I went in for the first time in six months (I have had my braces off for around that time too). My orthodontist said to put my retainers in. Then, he wiggled them around and took them on and off my teeth just to make sure that they fit snug, but they weren’t tight enough to indicate that my teeth were migrating back. Then he gave me the ol’ cheek stretchers (you will become very familiar with these if you get braces and they take a lot of pictures of your mouth) and took some pictures from all the usual angles (see post http://youandyourbraces.blogspot.com/2010/03/classic-checkup.html ).

Then he told me that since my teeth were staying in the proper place, I could reduce my retainer wearing time to after school till the beginning of school the next morning. Then we scheduled another appointment for 6 months later and at that point he said that, if all went well, I would probably be able to just wear my retainers at night!

That is a usual post braces check up. Just remember to bring your retainers to the appointment…

-Amanda and Erik

No comments:

Post a Comment