Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Wisdom Teeth Removal: Amanda Part Two

So the other Tuesday, after not eating before midnight the night before, I went to the orthodontist office dressed in comfortable clothing and got ready for the procedure. I went into the office then took a mix of Versed and Tylenol that is used to calm down the patient before the procedure. The assistant had me sit in the chair for 10 minutes to let it kick in. By the end of the 10 minutes I was a little bit worried because I didn’t feel any different! She led me into the chair that they were going to do the procedure in. I was still pretty with it. But I must have been slowly drifting off because although I vaguely remember the oral surgeon strapping on the tourniquet to give me the I.V. the next thing I know I am on my couch at home!

Almost immediately after waking up (although apparently I had woken up before…I just don’t remember it!), my dad had to clean my mouth because I had drooled blood all over myself. But this was normal. And then after that, the pain set in IMMEDIATELY. It hurt a lot! But I just iced for a while and took some ibuprofen and slept. And that was day one of my procedure!


-Amanda and Erik

No comments:

Post a Comment